Use multiple Ocean’s Balance products to make this warming, nourishing classic. And get down with the umami!
- 4 cups water
1 piece Ocean’s Balance Organic Whole Leaf Kombu, approximately 5”x7”
- 1/2 cup Bonito flakes*
- 3 T White Miso Paste (Shiro Miso)*
- 3 oz. Extra Firm Tofu, cut into bite-size cubes
1 piece Ocean’s Balance Organic Whole Leaf Wakame, approximately 5”x7”, cut into 1” squares
- Chopped Scallions for garnish
- * Can be found in Asian supermarkets
- Make the Dashi Broth: Bring water to simmer and add Kombu. Let steep for 5-7 minutes.
- Add Bonito flakes. Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Drain through a fine sieve. Return dashi broth to pot.
- Stir in miso paste over low heat until it is melted. (Add more if you want a saltier miso.)
- Add Wakame. Garnish with scallions. Serve immediately.
Miso soup is great for lunch. Make extra and keep it in the fridge for lunches all week!