Fancy Fish Sticks
Everyone will like these tasty "of the sea" morsels.
- 2 lbs. white fish, such as halibut, flounder or cod
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Ocean's Balance Kelp Purée
- 1-1/2 cups Italian flavored bread crumbs
- Canola oil for frying
- Using a sharp knife, cut fish into rectangular logs, trying to maintain an even thickness (trim off very thin end pieces), approximately 2-inches long and 1-inch wide. Arrange bread crumbs on one end of a large cutting board.
- Whisk together eggs and Ocean's Balalnce Kelp Purée in a large bowl until frothy. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then roll in bread crumbs. Place breaded chicken pieces on other half of cutting board.
- Heat approximately 1 cup of canola oil in a large frying pan. Working in batches, cook the chicken nuggets 4 to 5 minutes until brown. Adjust the heat if they are cooking too quickly, as you want to give the chicken enough time to cook without burning it. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
- Serve with Ocean Mayonnaise or Ocean Cocktail Sauce for an extra dose of the sea!
Pairs with: A frosty pale ale.