Trust us: this sweet and savory dessert is like nothing you've ever tasted before.
32 pieces of fudge
- 1-1/3 cups of sugar
- 8 oz. mascarpone cream
- 7 Tbsp. Lyle's Golden Syrup
2 heaping Tbsp. Ocean's Balance Kelp Purée
- Butter an 8"x8" pan. Pour all the ingredients into a large sauce pan. Gently heat on low until the cream melts.
- Once melted, raise heat to high and bring to a rolling boil. Cover and boil for 3 minutes. Remove the cover, and continue to cook for a few more minutes. To test whether the fudge is ready, drop a small amount into a cup of water. When this forms a soft ball, the fudge is ready. Remove from heat.
- Beat the mixture by hand with a wooden spoon until it becomes quite thick, a bit grainy, and develops a sheen. This can take up to 10 minutes.
- Pour the beaten fudge into the pan, spreading evenly and let sit for 30 minutes. Score with a knife and allow it to set. Store in an airtight container.
Great with: Black tea, whole milk or red wine